Pages

These are recipes for simple, easy, homemade dishes. I make no promises about portion size or fat content, etc., but they are dishes that I have prepared and liked. I don't post pictures because I don't have fabulous lighting, nor a great camera. I can promise that I haven't just made things up without trying the recipe and this is all stuff other people have tried and no one spit anything out in disgust. Not yet, anyway! I don't take cool supporting photos of the steps along the way (but wait, are you telling me you are going to cook those nuts in the microwave in that METAL bowl?) but these are real recipes that a regular cook/baker should be able to figure out. I love the work of Deb at Smitten Kitchen - she provides the whole package!!! Good food, witty comments and lovely photos. If you want to see a REAL food blog, check her out.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Apple Bacon "Burger"

My son does not care for Boca Burgers, but I think that is beacuse he tries them plain with just katsup, and to me that is just not fair.  I found this hamburger recipe and knew it would be perfect with a Boca because there's just so much going on, flavor-wise.  You'll never notice it isn't ground beef.  If you want it truly vegetarian, you'll have to leave out the bacon.  I also suggest the regular ole Boca - no need for any Southwest flavored "burger" or whatever. As for apple, I love a crisp apple with a tart profile, so Granny Smith or a Jonacrisp would be my choice.

whole grain hamburger bun
1 t Dijon
thin layer of sharp cheddar
1 cooked Boca pattie
2 slices bacon
1 not-thin slice of apple
1 T mayo
heavy sprinkle of Chipotle powder (Penzey's, of course!)

Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment