Pages

These are recipes for simple, easy, homemade dishes. I make no promises about portion size or fat content, etc., but they are dishes that I have prepared and liked. I don't post pictures because I don't have fabulous lighting, nor a great camera. I can promise that I haven't just made things up without trying the recipe and this is all stuff other people have tried and no one spit anything out in disgust. Not yet, anyway! I don't take cool supporting photos of the steps along the way (but wait, are you telling me you are going to cook those nuts in the microwave in that METAL bowl?) but these are real recipes that a regular cook/baker should be able to figure out. I love the work of Deb at Smitten Kitchen - she provides the whole package!!! Good food, witty comments and lovely photos. If you want to see a REAL food blog, check her out.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Microwave Brownies

I can't believe I forgot to add these here.  I cannot eat an entire "batch" of these, but maybe you can try.  I tried having only one bowl to mix and bake, but I thought it made too much mess, so this mixes in one bowl and cooks in a Corning rice bowl.  I've also tried putting bits of things in the batter, but they are decadent enough without the additions.  You should also eat them as soon as they have cooled a bit - like most "breads" baked in the microwave, they get a little rubbery after they cool.

3T butter, melted
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c cocoa
1/4 c flour
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla

Melt the butter in a Corning rice bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds.  Swirl to coat the bowl sides, then set aside.  Mix the dry ingredients well in a small mixing bowl.  Add the egg, vanilla and butter, and stir just until mixed well.  Pour into the rice bowl and microwave for 1:35 in a 110-watt microwave with rotating platter.  (If your microwave is different, you will probably have to adjust the cooking time.)  Cool slightly and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment