Pages

These are recipes for simple, easy, homemade dishes. I make no promises about portion size or fat content, etc., but they are dishes that I have prepared and liked. I don't post pictures because I don't have fabulous lighting, nor a great camera. I can promise that I haven't just made things up without trying the recipe and this is all stuff other people have tried and no one spit anything out in disgust. Not yet, anyway! I don't take cool supporting photos of the steps along the way (but wait, are you telling me you are going to cook those nuts in the microwave in that METAL bowl?) but these are real recipes that a regular cook/baker should be able to figure out. I love the work of Deb at Smitten Kitchen - she provides the whole package!!! Good food, witty comments and lovely photos. If you want to see a REAL food blog, check her out.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Alfredo Pasta with Vegetables

The original of this recipe called for tagliatelle, but when I saw the prices for that, I switched to regular ole egg noodles.  This can be made with any vegetables too, I think.  The key is to chop them real small - like 1/4" or less.  I'd also consider what vegetables to cook at what time - blanching carrots cut to 1/4" will take a lot more time than zucchini cut to 1/8".  I'd get the water boiling, then drop in the carrots for 2-3 minutes and then drop the zuchini in for maybe 45 seconds more before draining the whole thing through a seive and dropping it on the pasta and sauce.

2 T butter
1 small onion, chopped fine
1/2 c cream
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
4 oz ham, diced
9 oz cubed, blanched vegetables
9 oz pasta, cooked
S&P
chive, chopped

Melt the butter in a small pot and cook the onions just until tender.  Add the cream and cook until reduced into a creamy sauce consistency.  Add the  ham, cheese, vegetables and pasta and heat while stirring.  Adjust S&P, then garnish with chopped chive.

No comments:

Post a Comment